Artificial Intelligence and Language
Artificial intelligence (AI) has beaten humans in Chess, Go, Poker and many computer games. AI can now write essays and even code a program. What are current computers capable of and should we be afraid of AI? We will try to answer these questions in the course.
• Introduction to the problematics of AI
• Basic approaches to AI algorithms
• Introduction to Neural Networks
• Natural Language Processing and where can it be found?
• Introduction to automatic document extraction
If we have time:
• Can computers have emotions? Introduction to Affective Computing.
The course requires no prior knowledge of NLP, programming, or linguistics. Parts of the course are technical and include a bit of mathematics. Most of it is not necessary for a high-level understanding.
Ecem Nazlı Üçok